1996 Ford Mustang GT SPV BOSS CONV
*This calculator is for informational use only and is based on the information you provide. Actual loan amounts and payments will vary based on additional items such as taxes and fees as well as the actual interest rate available to you from a financial institution.
- 4.6L EFI 16-VALVE SOHC V8 ENGINE
- City / Hwy
- 17 / 24
*Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and vehicle condition.
- AS-IS No Warranty
1996 Mustang GT Convertible SPV Boss
This is not a replica. This is a RARE AUTHENTIC VEHICLE!!!!!
BACK IN 1964, FORD'S THEN GENERAL MANAGER, LEE IACOCCA, ENVISIONED A SMALL SPORTS CAR TO REPLACE THE FULL SIZED MUSCLE CARS OF THE ERA. ORIGINALLY NAMED AFTER THE P-51 MUSTANG FIGHTER PLANE, THE FORD MUSTANG WAS A SUCCESS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. FIVE YEARS LATER, NOTED AUTOMOBILE DESIGNER, LARRY SHINODA, INTRODUCED THE ORIGINAL BOSS 302 AND BOSS 429 MUSTANGS. WINNING BOTH NHRA DRAG RACING EVENTS AND SCCA TRANS-AM CHAMPIONSHIPS, THE BOSS MUSTANGS ENDEARED THEMSELVES TO BOTH RACERS & CAR ENTHUSIASTS ALIKE. 25 YEARS LATER (1994), THE BOSS PACKAGE WAS BACK. THE ORIGINAL LEGEND HIMSELF, LARRY SHINODA, ONCE AGAIN PUT HIS MARK ON A NEW STABLE OF MUSCLE MUSTANGS. HE KNEW HE COULD TAKE A GREAT CAR AND MAKE IT BETTER WITH DISTINGUISHED GRAPHICS, AERODYNAMIC ENHANCEMENTS & GROUND EFFECTS. IN THE SPIRIT OF "BOSS BY SHINODA", TEAM SHINODA WAS FORMED TO CONTINUE THE LEGACY OF LARRY SHINODA AND THE BOSS MUSTANG.
Shinoda Performance Vehicles only had about ninety certified vehicles. Of that only four (4) were Tangerine Orange color. Two of the orange cars are certified as Level 1, one is certified as level 2, and this is the ONLY convertible of the group (also level one). This car is one of a kind. More numbers for you. Only about eight hundred of the special-order Tangerine Orange cars were built by Ford In 1996, and only about two hundred and fifty were convertibles- of which half had white interiors. Meaning this is one of the hundred and twenty-five, there was only one of these that was converted and certified by Shinoda Performance Vehicles.
This certification is authentic and can be checked at www.teamshinoda.com
Shinoda tag #TS-BOS-96-004
In our collection most people have said "we have never seen one like this!" We were fortunate to have had a pair of them, Coupe and Convertible. Her brother the coupe was also tangerine orange and a stage two with supercharger (see picture). We sold into California. Unfortunately, the car did not pass emissions at that time (now he would have- over twenty-five years old). We elected to put one of our mechanics on a plane sent him to bring the car into compliance with California law and for doing so we were able to get the rare supercharger (also color coded in tangerine orange) back and install on the convertible. The results are amazing! This would have made her a stage 2!
The reason no one has seen one of these - there was only "ONE" built!
This is an asset to buy, and watch grow in equity and enjoy driving at the same time. Rare vehicles are doing better today then the stock market! This car has all the options for the available year (see window sticker).
We have owned the car since June of 2011. We recently decided to sell her. We replaced fuel, battery and tires. We wet sanded. She is ready to go. We have an old appraisal from 2013, she appraised at forty thousand then. We are guessing she is well over fifty thousand.
She is a special car for the collector that appreciates "one offs"
Thank you for your interest in purchasing your vehicle from Autodynamics, Inc. We are eager to provide you with exceptional customer service while helping you find the car of your dreams. We are located at 5723 Star Lane, Houston, TX 77057.Please call us at 713-952-7900 with any questions.
- Pwr side windows w/driver-side express down
- Front ashtray
- Dual illuminated visor mirrors w/covers
- Stand alone digital quartz clock
- Driver-side footrest
- Pwr decklid release
- Console-inc: armrest, integral storage bin, cup holder, compact disc/cassette storage bin
- Light group-inc: engine compartment/glove box/ashtray/cargo compartment lights, headlamps-on alert chime, dome lamp w/front door courtesy switches lights, headlamps-on alert chime, dome lamps integral w/mirror, front door courtesy switches
- Color-keyed cloth headliner/sun visors
- Cigarette lighter
- 150 MPH speedometer
- 13-ounce carpet
- Stalk-mounted controls-inc: turn signals, wipers/washer, high-beam headlamps, flash-to-pass
- Side window demisters
- Tilt steering wheel w/center horn blow
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heater/defroster/ventilation-inc: (4) instrument panel registers w/positive shut-off
- Glove box
- Tachometer, trip odometer, voltmeter, temp/fuel/oil pressure gauges, overdrive off indicator light
- Full wrapover soft flow-through door trim panels w/full-length armrests & cloth/vinyl inserts
- Wrap-around taillamps
- Aerodynamic halogen headlamps
- Color-keyed rocker moldings
- Dual electric remote control mirrors w/RH convex
- Fog lamps
- Front body-color/lower rear black fascias w/Mustang GT nomenclature
- Front license plate bracket integral w/front bumper
- Interval windshield wipers
- Mustang GT fender badge
- Pwr retractable convertible top w/semi-hard boot
- Single-wing rear spoiler
- Tinted glass
- 130 amp HD alternator
- Tunnel-mounted parking brake
- Traction-Lok axle
- Stainless steel dual exhaust system
- Rear wheel drive
- Pwr rack & pinion steering
- Pwr 4-wheel disc brakes
- Modified MacPherson strut front suspension w/stabilizer bars
- HD 58 amp-hr maintenance-free battery
- GT suspension pkg-inc: Quadra-Shock rear suspension w/strut tower brace, variable-rate coil springs
- Gas-pressurized front struts/rear shock absorbers
- Electronic engine controls (EEC-V)
- 2.73 axle ratio
- 15.4 gallon fuel tank w/tethered cap
- Unique strut/shock absorber calibrations
- 4.6L EFI 16-valve SOHC V8 engine
Factory Installed Packages
- 4.6L EFI 16-VALVE SOHC V8 ENGINE Included